Whether you're designing a new closet space or re-designing your existing closet, the first step is to work it all out on paper. Once you have got the basics figured out everything else will fall into place a lot easier.
Step 1.) Figure it out!
Here are a few questions you will need to ask yourself when working out your plans.
- How much space do I have?
- How big is my budget?
- How much clothing do I have?
Below I have made a quiz to help guide you when making a plan for your closet.
Step 2.) Make a plan!
Once you've decided what kind of closet you want, the next step is to start planning.
- Take inventory of your clothes & accessories.
- Sketch out a "blueprint" of the space you're working with.
- How much space you think you need for each item? Plan accordingly.
Step 3.) Get it done!
- DIY or hire a contractor? Figure it out & get started!
- DIY: Check out home improvement stores for DIY closet systems.
- Contractor: Find a good contractor and tell them what you want!
GOOD LUCK & ENJOY YOUR CLOSET!!!